Saturday, June 29, 2013

Departure Delayed

Well folks, the first day of my journey was a bumpy one...and by bumpy, I mean I'm still in Tallahassee.  Due to mechanical problems and weather, the fine flyers at Delta messed up all the things and I was unable to leave this town. Sad face. During these dilemmas in the airport, however, I had time to write a little bit in the journal that I'm keeping during my trip, and because of this, I have the details of every inconvenience perfectly recorded so that I can remember this blissful day for the rest of my life.  It was a lot of angry faces and even progressed to crying openly in public when I was told that I would have to wait until tomorrow morning to start my adventure.  I guess the upside to the fiasco is that they bumped me up to business to make up for the inconvenience of being stuck here another day, so that should be rather lovely, but I was obviously incredibly upset (which I hate being...especially in public) and experienced a myriad of expressive moments that I documented like a boss. In addition to these moments, however, there is one particularly interesting observation that I made over the course of the three or so hours that I was stranded in TLH that I thought I would share. 

Journal Excerpt of the Day: "I've taken a scan of my fellow passengers, and none of them appear to be from the show Lost, but I am keeping my wits about me for the duration of this trip. May the odds be ever in my favor..."

It reads almost like a captain's log. I don't know what I'm captain of exactly, (perhaps just my life) and I can't tell you why feeling stranded and helpless makes me quote the Hunger Games, (oh wait, maybe that one is easily explained...) but either way, please wish me luck that the odds will in fact be in my favor as I officially start my journey to Durham tomorrow!

Oh yeah, by the way, my suitcase is currently in Atlanta...and I am not. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment